USING CISCO MERAKI TO BETTER YOUR BUSINESS
Cisco Meraki is a cloud-managed I.T company that manages wireless, communications, security cameras, etc. all from the web. This gives companies the chance to seize new business opportunities and reduce operational costs. Right out of the box, you get centralized management, layer 7 device and visibility, real time web-based diagnostics, monitoring, reporting, and more.
Check it out: The Meraki Story (Video)
How Does It Work?
- The Cisco Meraki wireless AP, switches, and security appliances are positioned.
- The devices automatically connect to the Meraki cloud over SSL, register with your own network, and download their configuration.
- You then have complete visibility and control over the entire network on the web. You can run diagnostics, configure devices, and view reports.
- VPN configuration are automated by the cloud, while firmware updates are seamlessly positioned over the Internet.
Check it out: Cloud Managed Switches (Video)
How Can It Help My Business?
1. Cisco Meraki is always available. Being a cloud-based software, you’re able to access the network even when you’re not in the office. Say you’re at home and need to read a document from your office computer, or even when you’re out of town. This won’t be an issue when using cloud software like Meraki. This comes in handy for those who work more flexible schedules and aren’t in the office often.
2. Meraki takes your suggestions seriously. The network prioritizes feedback and is constantly improving themselves. Right on the first page, on the dashboard you’ll even see a feature to tell Meraki about concerns you’d like for certain pages to address. Since 2012, they have granted over 100,00 customer wishes from concerns brought to their attention. Most other networking management options make you feel trapped knowing that they need to improve how they function. Meraki makes you feel more secure and heard.
3. The system offers better security. For any business, security is a top priority. There are many advantages to using cloud based software, but it’s important to ensure all your communications are secure. Meraki provides an added security layer for all incoming and outgoing traffic, making it impossible for clients to access your dashboard or the servers. Though the reality is that cyber-attacks are always a possibility with any network, Meraki works hard to limit the potential access points, which is something most other wireless networks can’t do. Using Meraki, you’ll be able to spend less time and money on cyber security efforts and more time on other things that matter.